Friday, February 8, 2013

My House Shoe Pattern I've Had For Years

I have a house shoe pattern I have had for years . I got it when I was in home economics in high school way before I got married in 1972 .
You cast on 32 stitches
Row 1 : Knit 10 , Purl 1 , Knit 10 , Purl 1 , Knit 10
Row 2 : Purl 10 , Knit 1 , Purl 10 , Knit 1 , Purl 10
Repeat Rows 1 & 2 until it measures 4 1/2 to 5 inches
then change to Knit 1 , Purl 1 until it measures 7 inches or then start the decrease .
Knit 3 , Knit 2 together all the way across .  leave a 20 in thread for sewing up .
Thread yarn through a big eyed needle and run it through the stitches and then pull off  the knitting needle and draw tight and then run it through stitches again to make sure it don't come undone .

  Sew up the heel and across the top of the foot . You now have warm house shoes to wear .

No comments:

Post a Comment