Friday, February 8, 2013

My House Shoe Pattern From Long Ago

I have a house shoe pattern that my home economics  teacher gave me when I was in high school and this was way before I married which was in 1972 .
    House Shoes
Cast on 32 stitches
Row 1: Knit 10 , Purl 1 , Knit 10 , Purl 1 , Knit 10
Row 2: Purl 10 , Knit 1 , Purl 10 , Knit 1 , Purl 10
Work these 2 rows until 4 inches  then change stitches to a Knit 1 , Purl 1 and work  until about 6 1/2 to 7 inches Knit 3 , Knit 2 together all the way across . Knit next row then leave a 20 inch thread for sewing  up with . Thread the yarn through a big eyed needle , and run it through the stitches , pull tight then thread the needle back through the stitches again so they want come undone .
Sew up the back and sew across the top of the shoe .
You now have warm house shoes to wear .

No comments:

Post a Comment